USAV Director of Operations
Are you entrepreneurial and enjoy being deeply involved in a business and wearing multiple hats, quickly shifting from strategy to operations and admin to relationship management throughout any given day? Are you known to geek out on analytics and building reports that inform critical business decisions? Are you passionate about providing a phenomenal customer and vendor experience? Do you find yourself fascinated by technology and constantly learning more? And are you known for your attention to detail and organization?
If so, you may be a great fit with us as Director of Operations. This key team member will directly impact the success of our organization by onboarding new Pro AV integrators into our network, maintaining up-to-date knowledge on Pro AV vendors and products, managing programs, analyzing purchase data, and collaborating with the management and executive teams on the overall strategic direction of the Pro AV division.
We provide exceptional equipment selection, industry leading education and training, best practices, as well as vetted solutions and services that can enhance any security or pro AV company’s operations. We help our members (security and pro audio-visual integration businesses) excel in a market that changes quickly to stay ahead of the game on emerging issues in the industry.
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunity to be an integral part of an established and well-respected organization that is shaping the industry
- A commitment to professional development, ongoing learning opportunities, and support for your growth
- Ability to work with a team of caring professionals who truly value teamwork
- Competitive pay, and an opportunity to earn an annual bonus based on meeting annual goals
- Primarily working onsite in our Westminster office. Some travel is required (approx. 4 weeks per year involving travel to and participation in industry events)
- Excellent benefits including: Health and dental insurance with company participation; Life, identity theft, and long-term disability insurance paid by the company; Reimbursement program for education (e.g. workshops, certifications, etc.) relevant to employee role; Eligibility to participate in company 401K after 30 days with up to 4% matching. The first 3% of that matching is contributed by us even if you don’t make a contribution at all; Other miscellaneous perks to thank our team
What we’ll expect from you and what you'll be doing:
- Building and maintaining deep relationships with Pro AV integrators, vendors, and our internal team using your people and relationship-building skills in combination with your ability to anticipate needs and solve problems
- Leveraging your fantastic analytical skills and attention to detail to analyze and identify discrepancies and trends in purchase data, work with the accounting team to complete financial transactions, and follow up with members to obtain any needed additional information where data is lacking
- Working with team members on member events, assisting with planning and implementation as needed
- Collaborating with USAV and PSA Security executive teams to establish goals and strategic direction, and then executing the agreed upon plans
- Partnering with inside and outside sales representatives to sign on Pro AV integrators as PSA Security Network Members and/or Owners, and meeting annual sales targets and quotas, participating in the onboarding process
- Ability to learn technology and industry concepts quickly and independently. Maintaining up-to-date technical knowledge on vendors, products, and trends in the Pro AV market, and leveraging that knowledge to provide cutting edge solutions to our members
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Note: This position does not currently have any direct reports
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or equivalent years of related work experience
- Strong skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-motivation, strong time management, follow up, organization and prioritization skills, resourcefulness, with a "can-do" positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Preferred (but not required): Proven track record of creating and maintaining strong business relationships with manufacturers and in the Pro AV industry; Strong AV product knowledge; Strong knowledge of buying groups, co-ops, and/or associations
PSA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.